Manager Fraud Prevention & Customer Requests (m/f/x)
We are seeking a highly motivated Fraud Prevention & Customer Requests Manager to join our Compliance Operations team.
Sounds interesting? Keep on reading!
Let’s face it, with all the technical and regulatory complexities and legacy technology global banking simply is broken.
Aiming to build the most comprehensive and flexible Banking-as-a-Service platform out there, we are on a mission to fix this and remove the barriers – and provide our partners with a seamless experience when prototyping and building financial products and services in just a few weeks, or even days, instead of months to years. Launching a banking product, embedding and scaling financial use-cases will never have been easier and faster, and that’s what we are fully committed to.
So, what’s that… are we a startup and starting from scratch? Yes. And no. We are a well funded licensed e-money institution and principal member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich with a staff of ca. 120, and rapidly growing. We have been running a successful consumer card product for the last 6 years and built a significant B2B portfolio around corporate spend management, payouts and emergency payments.
Following our new mission we have brought together some of the brightest minds in fintech and now are building a new modular ecosystem upon the running business and experience we have. Quite a luxurious situation for a startup we’d say – and one that absolutely excites us!
Capturing the momentum, we also strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers.
Your job? You will…
- assess chargeback requests based on customer inquiries and process them in Mastercom. This includes handling manual refunds, as applicable, and raising pre-arbitration/arbitration requests for cases that are rejected by merchants
- process various bank recall requests from banking partners and handle other miscellaneous requests from banking circles
- monitor business and security systems such as Apata, FRM, Cardinal daily to identify and report violations of risk limits, transactions, fraud, 3D Secure, etc.
- develop procedures and monitoring mechanisms for handling suspicious transactions
- ensure close monitoring of fraud alerts, avoid fraud losses, and take follow-up actions to mitigate future losses
- analyse cases/alerts, review risk factors, and compile reports that propose a conclusion and plan of action for remediating risks
- report fraudulent/suspicious activity to the authorities and take necessary actions
- support the development, testing, and maintenance of the Internal Control System tool and risk models
- provide support for administrative tasks and assist the Team Lead or Head of Department as required
- support the AML Team in Compliance by handling customer-related tickets
What skills and traits you need?
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Fraud Prevention, Risk Management, or Compliance Operations
- Knowledge of Fraud Prevention and Compliance best practices
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience working with Risk Management and Fraud Prevention software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and industry standards related to Fraud Prevention and customer request handling
- Experience in developing and implementing Fraud Prevention policies and procedures
What can you expect from us?
A workplace with real impact and growth possibilities where we will set big goals together – and exceed them
A competitive compensation and benefits package in a compelling and rewarding work environment with 30 days of paid vacation
Talented, committed and supportive teams of diverse experts, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers
The option to work remotely regularly in accordance with company policies
An office in the heart of Munich, which we believe to be one of the world's greatest cities!