Fullstack Engineer (m/f/x)
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer who can support us in designing, developing, and maintaining our web applications.
Sounds interesting? Keep on reading!
Let’s face it, with all the technical and regulatory complexities and legacy technology global banking simply is broken.
Aiming to build the most comprehensive and flexible Banking-as-a-Service platform out there, we are on a mission to fix this and remove the barriers – and provide our partners with a seamless experience when prototyping and building financial products and services in just a few weeks, or even days, instead of months to years. Launching a banking product, embedding and scaling financial use-cases will never have been easier and faster, and that’s what we are fully committed to.
So, what’s that… are we a startup and starting from scratch? Yes. And no. We are a well funded licensed e-money institution and principal member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich with a staff of ca. 140, and rapidly growing. We have been running a successful consumer card product for the last 6 years and built a significant B2B portfolio around corporate spend management, payouts and emergency payments.
Following our new mission we have brought together some of the brightest minds in fintech and now are building a new modular ecosystem upon the running business and experience we have. Quite a luxurious situation for a startup we’d say – and one that absolutely excites us!
Capturing the momentum, we also strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers.
Your job? You will…
- collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to design and implement new features and improvements for our web applications.
- utilize your proficiency in NestJS, TypeScript, and React to architect scalable, efficient, and maintainable solutions.
- ensure code quality, performance, and security through code reviews, testing, and continuous integration practices.
- analyze technical issues, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions to enhance our platform's stability and functionality.
- work closely with Design / Frontend and Backend teams to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- provide guidance and mentorship to Junior Engineers, fostering their growth and development.
- stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation within our technology stack.
- maintain clear and organized technical documentation to facilitate knowledge sharing and onboarding.
What skills and traits you need?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience as a Fullstack Engineer, with a strong focus on NestJS, TypeScript, and React
- Extensive knowledge of modern web development principles, design patterns, and best practices
- Proficiency in relational database systems (SQL) and API integration
- We use GCP and Terraform at infrastructure level, knowledges about these technologies are not required, but a big plus
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) is a plus
What can you expect from us?
- A workplace with real impact and growth possibilities where we will set big goals together – and exceed them;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package in a compelling and rewarding work environment with 30 days of paid vacation;
- Talented, committed and supportive teams of diverse experts, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers;
- The option to work remotely regularly in accordance with company policies;
- An office in the heart of Munich, which we believe to be one of the world's greatest cities!