AML & AFC Manager (m/f/x)
Reporting to the Team Lead of AML you will be part of a team of experienced AML professionals based in Munich whose mission is to ensure that Dock Financial complies with Anti-Money Laundering regulatory obligations.
Sounds interesting? Keep on reading!
Let’s face it, with all the technical and regulatory complexities and legacy technology global banking simply is broken.
Aiming to build the most comprehensive and flexible Banking-as-a-Service platform out there, we are on a mission to fix this and remove the barriers – and provide our partners with a seamless experience when prototyping and building financial products and services in just a few weeks, or even days, instead of months to years. Launching a banking product, embedding and scaling financial use-cases will never have been easier and faster, and that’s what we are fully committed to.
So, what’s that… are we a startup and starting from scratch? Yes. And no. We are a well funded licensed e-money institution and principal member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich with a staff of ca. 100, and rapidly growing. We have been running a successful consumer card product for the last 6 years and built a significant B2B portfolio around corporate spend management, payouts and emergency payments.
Following our new mission we have brought together some of the brightest minds in fintech and now are building a new modular ecosystem upon the running business and experience we have. Quite a luxurious situation for a startup we’d say – and one that absolutely excites us!
Capturing the momentum, we also strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers.
Your job? You will…
- process daily monitoring of results and independent decision taking
- improve and develop monitoring capabilities, rules and processes to effectively manage money laundering risk in a complex regulatory environment
- contribute to an robust governance and transaction monitoring process
- properly document regulatory requirements and methodologies applied to the monitoring process so that 3rd parties (including audit and regulators) gain comfort that processes and controls are adequate
- support our colleagues related to suspicious activity / transaction reports (SARs / STRs) to the Financial Intelligence Unit
- provide continuous improvement of our monitoring capabilities and procedures to anticipate future risks
- guide and support for colleagues related to AML topics
- have the opportunity to work on with law enforcement requests and assist them in investigations and general enquiries
- be consulted to implement continuous improvement processes for KYC and Due diligence processes
- have the opportunity to learn about all key areas of our business as you will communicate and cooperate with cross functional departments to ensure effective handling of compliance issues
- learn about all key operational compliance control through close collaboration with colleagues, peers and business partners
What skills and traits you need?
- At least 2 years of experience in the field of Anti-Money Laundering or a comparable compliance, fraud or risk-related operational role
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data with experience in data analysis and knowledge of methods and systems for systemic testing
- Preferable experience with Transaction monitoring tools, Sanctions and Pep checking
- A focused, proactive self-starter, reliable team player
- Diligent, independent and pragmatic way of working
- Fluent in English and German
What can you expect from us?
- A workplace with real impact and growth possibilities where we will set big goals together – and exceed them;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package in a compelling and rewarding work environment with 30 days of paid vacation;
- Talented, committed and supportive teams of diverse experts, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers;
- The option to work remotely regularly in accordance with company policies;
- An office in the heart of Munich, which we believe to be one of the world's greatest cities!