Compliance Manager (m/f/x)
We are looking for an exceptional Compliance Manager, whose role it will be to ensure Dock Financial S.A.’s compliance with internal statutes and codes, as well as local/ EU laws and regulations - with AML/ KYC duties, as well as GDPR-applicable obligations.
Applications from young professionals (beginners) are just as welcome as from applicants with up to 3 years of professional experience.
To be successful in this position, we believe that you are a highly motivated person with interest in payments and financial sector laws and regulations.
As a person, you are collaborative, service minded and structured, with a high capacity and strong work ethic. You have a high level of responsibility and a strong team player who enjoys reaching results together. The position requires having capacity to work with several matters simultaneously and the ability to work under pressure with tight time frames.
Sounds interesting? Keep on reading!
Let’s face it, with all the technical and regulatory complexities and legacy technology global banking simply is broken.
Aiming to build the most comprehensive and flexible embedded finance platform out there, we are on a mission to fix this and remove the barriers – and provide our partners with a seamless experience when prototyping and building financial products and services in just a few weeks, or even days, instead of months to years. Launching a banking product, embedding and scaling financial use-cases will never have been easier and faster, and that’s what we are fully committed to.
So, what’s that… are we a startup and starting from scratch? Yes. And no. We are a well funded licensed e-money institution and principal member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich with a staff of ca. 120, and rapidly growing. We have been running a successful consumer card product for the last 6 years and built a significant B2B portfolio around corporate spend management, payouts and emergency payments.
Following our new mission we have brought together some of the brightest minds in fintech and now are building a new modular ecosystem upon the running business and experience we have. Quite a luxurious situation for a startup we’d say – and one that absolutely excites us!
Capturing the momentum, we also strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers.
Your job? You will…
- handle complaints and authority requests (supervisory authorities, tax authorities, insolvency administrators, etc.)
- support the overall compliance team in AML/ CFT matters (e.g. customer initial and ongoing due diligence, transaction monitoring and suspicious transaction reporting (SARs/STRs))
- support the team to maintain a regular program of compliance controls, in line with the company’s business volumes and complexity, in order to assess the Company’s overall compliance risk
- support the team to drive consistent and organized processes for outsourcing
- support establishing and maintaining the AML/ CTF and Compliance framework within the Company
What skills and traits you need?
- Interest in AML/ CTF and compliance related laws/ regulations (Luxembourg, EU & international)
- Fluency in English and German both in writing and orally is required
- Knowledge of the payments and/ or pre-paid cards industry is an advantage
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and resilient with the ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- flexible, pragmatic and solution-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Team player and a self-starter
- Comfortable in dealing with stakeholders across all levels in the organisation
- Positive attitude to work in different areas as the workload requests
- Work effectively and autonomous in a young, international team and dynamic environment
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers, colleagues, and external contacts
- Willing to learn and develop a professional career in a growing company. Internal training will be provided
What can you expect from us?
- If you are a young professional (beginner) the chance to learn compliance from scratch; if you are an experienced professional (up to three years) the chance to grow in diversified compliance environment
- A workplace with real impact and growth possibilities where we will set big goals together and exceed them
- A competitive compensation and benefits package in a compelling and rewarding work environment with 30 days of paid vacation
- Talented, committed and supportive teams of diverse experts