Compliance Manager (m/f/x)
We are looking for an exceptional Compliance Manager, whose role it will be to ensure Dock Financials compliance with internal statutes and codes, as well as local/EU laws and regulations - with AML/KYC duties, as well as GDPR-applicable obligations.
As a prerequisite, you should have at least 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
To be successful in this position, we believe that you are a highly motivated person with extensive knowledge of banking and financial sector laws and regulations. You will be closely working with our Business Team and therefore you have a solid business understanding and knowledge of financial products and markets as well as good business acumen and ability to analyze demanding business cases, including the assessment of the related risk.
As a person, you are collaborative, service minded and structured, with a high capacity and strong work ethic. You have a high level of responsibility and can work independently and drive your own initiatives, but you are also a strong team player who enjoys reaching results together. You are a strong communicator with proven ability to influence and build trust. The position requires having capacity to work with several matters simultaneously and the ability to work under pressure with tight time frames.
Fluency in English and German both in writing and orally is required.
Your job? You will…
- Identify and keep up to date the set of local and EU laws and regulations applicable to Dock Financial S.A.
- Support the team to maintain a regular program of compliance controls, in line with the company’s business volumes and complexity, in order to assess the company’s overall compliance risk
- Write the reports as required by CSSF (as well as other required compliance-related ad-hoc reports)
- Act as the point of contact for compliance-related matters - within the company and with the CSSF
- Take care of AML/CFT obligations (regular assessment of the ML/FT risk of the company’s business, customer initial and ongoing due diligence, transaction monitoring and suspicious transaction reporting (SARs/STRs), cooperation with authorities, record-keeping, internal awareness-raising and training)
- Provide support to the relevant departments to define, implement and improve procedures, processes and best practices of the function, based on the available policies and other documents
- Support the Chief Compliance Officer in preparation of periodic reports for both the authorized management and the Board of Directors
What skills and traits you need?
- Knowledge and understanding of AML-CTF and compliance related laws/regulations (local, EU & international)
- At least 3+ years experience in this field as an AML / Compliance or Internal/external Auditor with specialization in AML/CTF, or AML/CTF Specialist/advisor
- qualified lawyer or similar qualification
- Fluent in spoken and written English and German
- Knowledge of the payments and/or pre-paid cards industry preferable
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and resilient with the ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Flexible, pragmatic and solution-oriented with a can-do attitude
- Team player and a self-starter
- Comfortable in dealing with stakeholders across all levels in the organisation
- Extensive knowledge of the three lines of defence and implementation in regulated entities
- Positive attitude to work in different areas as the workload requests
- Work effectively and autonomous in a young, international team and dynamic environment
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with customers, colleagues, and external contacts
- Willing to learn and develop a professional career in a growing company. Internal training will be provided
What can you expect from us?
- A workplace with real impact and growth possibilities where we will set big goals together – and exceed them;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package in a compelling and rewarding work environment with 30 days of paid vacation;
- Talented, committed and supportive teams of diverse experts;
- The option to work remotely regularly in accordance with company policies