Platform Engineer (m/f/x)
Here’s the chance for a talented and hungry mind with the experience and desire to build highly scalable and reliable cloud environments to help us build no less than the future of banking.
Sounds interesting? Keep on reading!
Let’s face it, with all the technical and regulatory complexities and legacy technology global banking simply is broken.
Aiming to build the most comprehensive and flexible Banking-as-a-Service platform out there, we are on a mission to fix this and remove the barriers – and provide our partners with a seamless experience when prototyping and building financial products and services in just a few weeks, or even days, instead of months to years. Launching a banking product, embedding and scaling financial use-cases will never have been easier and faster, and that’s what we are fully committed to.
So, what’s that… are we a startup and starting from scratch? Yes. And no. We are a well funded licensed e-money institution and principal member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich with a staff of ca. 140, and rapidly growing. We have been running a successful consumer card product for the last 6 years and built a significant B2B portfolio around corporate spend management, payouts and emergency payments.
Following our new mission we have brought together some of the brightest minds in fintech and now are building a new modular ecosystem upon the running business and experience we have. Quite a luxurious situation for a startup we’d say – and one that absolutely excites us!
Capturing the momentum, we also strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers.If you are still reading this, have significant experience and a proven track record in designing and building highly scalable, reliable and secure SaaS systems, we would like to talk. You have already built financial systems, know that PSD2 is no gaming console and maybe dealt with card schemes in your past? Even better.
Your job? You will…
- build and improve our cloud environment;
- continuously evaluate and propose new technologies;
- manage the CI/CD and testing platform;
- implement automated security and compliance checks;
- set up monitoring and alerting, and support engineers to improve logging/monitoring;
- support software and testing engineers with implementing build and test pipelines;
- configure external services and collaborate with providers on a technical level;
- plan, implement and test disaster recovery procedures/backups;
- perform capacity planning and ensure scalability of the infrastructure;
- participate in the on-call rotation (remote).
As a result, together we will make a difference to all our customers and build the future of banking and embedded finance.
What skills and traits you need?
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps environment with Linux;
- experience building secure and scalable GCP setups - experience with AWS, Azure or other providers at least beneficial;
- experience in working in a regulated environment - would be a big plus;
- good knowledge of Terraform and Python;
- good knowledge of CI/CD platforms (Gitlab is planned for now);
- good understanding of containerization and orchestration with Kubernetes;
- knowledge of change management procedures and experience working in a 24/7 team - at least beneficial.
As a part of the Platform Engineering Team, you’ll be participating in every step of our software lifecycle. You are a great team player that enjoys explaining infrastructure needs and possibilities to other techies. Providing a seamless build environment for our developers and creating sophisticated testing setups that let us all sleep good at night motivates you every day. An extensive logging and monitoring solution makes sure not even small hiccups are overlooked. Security and safety of data is your passion! That’s why you understand how important change management processes, disaster recovery planning and well-defined escalation processes are. Understanding IT as an internal service provider makes you a regular collaborator with Operations, Compliance and other stakeholders.
What can you expect from us?
- A workplace with real impact and growth possibilities where we will set big goals together – and exceed them;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package in a compelling and rewarding work environment with 30 days of paid vacation;
- Talented, committed and supportive teams of diverse experts, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers;
- The option to work remotely regularly in accordance with company policies;
- An office in the heart of Munich, which we believe to be one of the world's greatest cities!