SCRUM Master (m/f/x)
Here’s the chance for a talented gun, a servant leader and skilled team builder, to help us build no less than the future of banking.
Sounds interesting? Keep on reading!
Let’s face it, with all the technical and regulatory complexities and legacy technology global banking simply is broken.
Aiming to build the most comprehensive and flexible Banking-as-a-Service platform out there, we are on a mission to fix this and remove the barriers – and provide our partners with a seamless experience when prototyping and building financial products and services in just a few weeks, or even days, instead of months to years. Launching a banking product, embedding and scaling financial use-cases will never have been easier and faster, and that’s what we are fully committed to.
So, what’s that… are we a startup and starting from scratch? Yes. And no. We are a well funded licensed e-money institution and principal member of Mastercard with offices in Luxembourg and Munich with a staff of ca. 100, and rapidly growing. We have been running a successful consumer card product for the last 6 years and built a significant B2B portfolio around corporate spend management, payouts and emergency payments.
Following our new mission we have brought together some of the brightest minds in fintech and now are building a new modular ecosystem upon the running business and experience we have. Quite a luxurious situation for a startup we’d say – and one that absolutely excites us!
Capturing the momentum, we also strive to become even more customer-centric, an environmentally friendly company and a must go-to-employer. Our international team is growing rapidly, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers.If you are still reading this, have significant experience and a proven track record in building and managing excellent SCRUM teams in software development, we would like to talk. You have already worked in a scaled SCRUM environment before? Even better.
Your job? You will…
- supervise 2-3 SCRUM Teams in active sprints;
- set up sprint planning session, sprint review and retrospective;
- set up and lead daily stand-up;
- shield the SCRUM team from interruptions while on active sprint;
- actively remove any impediments that are preventing progress in projects;
- guide and coach the SCRUM team on how to use agile principles and the SCRUM framework to bring value to the client;
- moderate the backlog refinements between SCRUM team and Product Owner;
- assist the Product Owner in maintaining backlogs and define priorities.
As a result, together we will make a difference to all our customers and build the future of banking and embedded finance.
What skills and traits you need?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering,(business) informatics or similar
- Good knowledge of project management methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in agile project management, preferably SCRUM
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent team building skills
- you are a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Project Management Institute - Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP);
- you are familiar with Jira (or similar) and its application in agile project management;
- you have a Project Management Certification (PMI, IPMA);
- you are experienced with Scaled Agile Projects (SAFe, LeSS).
Your profile? You are...
- a clear and strategic thinker with proven track record in translating strategies into actionable plans;
- capable of handling multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion;
- a good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a distributed organization and develops relationships with other departments based on honest communication, mutual respect and teamwork;
- starting small and learning fast - you test, iterate, measure and learn in order to drive constant innovation in an agile way;
- not only adapting to, but championing new and more efficient methods and techniques to meet the needs of the company;
- all about clear objectives and strive to exceed them;
- taking ownership for personal career and skill development.
What can you expect from us?
- A workplace with real impact and growth possibilities where we will set big goals together – and exceed them;
- A competitive compensation and benefits package in a compelling and rewarding work environment with 30 days of paid vacation;
- Talented, committed and supportive teams of diverse experts, all united in a dynamic culture with a common purpose: to deliver maximum value and the best experience to our customers;
- The option to work remotely regularly in accordance with company policies;
- An office in the heart of Munich, which we believe to be one of the world's greatest cities!